Tour of Centers 2018
April 23, 2018 - 6:00-9:00pm
Tour of Centers has been rescheduled for Monday, April 23, 2018.
Enjoy a night of fun touring local childcare centers! Leisurely stroll through each center to discover creative room arrangements, imaginative wall displays, exciting playground equipment, and collect great ideas to use in your own program - what a wonderful opportunity to discover the strengths in other programs! In addition to all the great ideas you'll get, visiting all of the featured child care programs will earn you two hours of continuing education. What a fun way to earn education hours!
Tour of Centers Information
Cost for Tour of Centers:
Fox Valley Chapter members participate for free! This is just one of the benefits of membership. For verification please make sure your membership is current as of March 31, otherwise you will need to pay the participation fee.
Other WECA Chapter members participate for free too! Please complete this form to be added to our Tour of Centers mailing list. Make sure your membership is current as of March 31 for verification and to avoid paying the participation fee.
Guests, spouses and other non-members pay a nominal fee to participate. This includes guests and spouses of Fox Valley Chapter / WECA members. Not a member? Join today!
All Tour of Centers participants will receive a wristband indicating that they have paid, a map locating the participating centers, and a stamp card.
Fox Valley Chapter and other WECA Chapter members will receive their wristbands, maps and stamp cards by mail before the night of Tours, and may start at any center.
Guests, spouses and non-members will begin the night by registering between 6:00 and 7:00 at Kindercare, 749 Truman Street, Kimberly, to receive your stamp card, map and wristband. Absolutely NO REGISTRATIONS will be allowed after 7:00 so be sure you're not late!
Pre-registration is available in person on April 10th from 4-6 pm at Play & Grow Learning Center, N1673 Municipal Dr, Greenville. You will need to complete a pre-registration form and pay the participation fee. To register a group you will need a list of all attendees' names and the participation fee for everyone in the group in order to complete the pre-registration form. Each pre-registered participant will receive a wristband, map, and stamp card, and may start at any center on the night of Tours.
Phone or mail-in registrations are not accepted.
Please contact us with any questions about this year's Tour of Centers.
This year we will be touring the following centers:
- Bridges Child Enrichment Center
- Community Child Care
- Kindercare - Truman St
- Play & Grow - Sherwood
- University Children's Center
- UW-Head Start
Comments About Tour of Centers
Here are some of the comments we've received from Tour of Center participants:
"Thanks so much for providing this event. It is such a fun way to get continuing education hours, and spend time with fellow providers."
"I want to tell you how much our entire staff enjoy spending the evening touring centers together. It allows us to see new ideas and network at the same time."
"Our staff looks for forward to this event each year!"
Tour of Centers Code of Conduct
Please review the following Code of Conduct and plan to follow it so we can continue to offer this event. help keep the centers sparkly clean.
- Be prepared to show your identifying bracelet to a Tour of Center volunteer upon request.
- As this is an "adult only" event, please leave children (except for nursing infants) at home.
- Respect the center being toured and its employees. Place garbage in the appropriate receptacle, ask before taking photographs, and do not remove things from the center without permission. Remember that these centers need to be fully operational the next day.
- Be a gracious visitor and reserve negative comments for a later time. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
- Be mindful of the starting and ending times of the tour. Just like you, Tour of Center volunteers and center employees have worked a long day before giving up their evening for this event.
- Unprofessional behavior will not be tolerated. Visitors exhibiting inappropriate behavior may be asked to leave the premises and banned from future Tours.
Anyone caught violating this code of conduct may be asked to leave immediately. Recurring complaints may cause Fox Valley Chapter to terminate the Tour of Centers event in future years.